Saturday, March 29, 2008

My car has a fan club

And its me!!!!

I had to get gas today, which is something I always dread because it costs money. Lately (as I’m sure most of you have noticed) it has been costing a lot of money. Despite this fact, my gage was creeping a little too close to empty for comfort (especially considering tomorrow is Sunday). So, I bit the bullet and pulled into a gas station.

I always prepare myself for the pain by looking to see how much the previous person paid, and let me tell you…it was painful for them (unless they were really rich and didn’t care).

Anyway, so as I was filling up I kept watching the numbers creep up and then, when I thought it was only about halfway full the handle popped! I thought it was a mistake so I pushed it again, and it popped again!

My car is the best! I always forget what great gas mileage it gets because I don’t drive that often and really don’t fill up that often. All I have to say is that I am the president of its fan club, and I will try extra hard to come up with a good name for it.

I’m surprised I haven’t named it yet…I don’t even really know what gender it is…weird. I need to give it a little bit more of my attention because he/she definitely deserves it!

6 comments:

Lizardbreath McGee said...

I think it deserves some sort of superhero-like name, like:

Environmentalist Man! (er...car?)

or...

SUPER-SAVER!

Okay. So, I'm sure you'll come up with something considerably less lame than that. :)

Heidi said...

Um, I am a BIG fan of your car. REALLY, REALLY big fan.

REALLY.

In fact, we might have to have a cage fight to determine who is the biggest fan.

And we can wear spandex body suits.

Or...not.

trentathon said...

I want to ride in your car!!!

Len Aamodt said...

Isn't that really MY car???? {grin}

kia said...

Yeah, so the cage fight is totally on. Pinto...you have no idea who you are messing with. You should be scared...very scared.

Trent! Do you not remember the lovely moment you had riding in my car the other day? I'm sure it remembers you.

Actually I should say HE remembers you because today on my way to church we totally had a moment and he revealed to me his true identity: his name is Karl (really, no pun intended...I didn't even realize how funny it was until Pinto pointed it out).

Anyway, I think the fan club should definitely take a trip to somewhere completely awesome, courtesy of Karl. And Trent, even though the church crew are the most loyal and proven fans I feel like we could give you a trial membership with the option to upgrade if you think you can handle the kind of commitment required. Think about it.

(Oh yeah, and daddy...we do still need to work out that whole title thing huh?)

Lizardbreath McGee said...

I'm in favor of a celebratory car-naming, Karl-fan-club outing.

Just thought I'd get that out there.