Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Gargantuan Oozing Prostates

Yeah, let your imagination run wild and it still won't remotely approach how disgusting these are. And, I had to spend my whole day with them...and their smell. Bleh!

The group of mice that I sacrificed today had golf-ball sized prostate tumors, and yes, I do realize that I was the one who gave them cancer, but typically the mice get really sick when the tumors get to only a fraction of the size these were.

Hopefully as we figure out why this happened we will come across a major discovery, which would make me very happy. But as for now...I have no appetite, mostly because the smell of prostate tumor ooze is still in my nose.

(Just be grateful I didn't post the pictures.)

4 comments:

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Um, seriously gross.

I don't think I'll be able to eat lunch now. :P

Heidi said...

wow.

kia said...

Sorry guys. I am just all by my lonesome in the lab now that Sun is gone [WAHHH!!!] and needed an outlet for all the grossness that I've experienced of late.

Victoria Blanchard said...

Yikes, Kia. That's nasty!

Congrats on the MCAT though!