Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My First Boston "Last"

Sad day! These past two weeks at work we have been injecting 80 mice as part of two separate studies, which are going to be my last mouse studies here at Children's Hospital. Today was officially my last surgery day in our mouse room, and it kind of made me sad because I realized that I am now venturing into that time right before you leave a place when you start having a lot of "lasts."

Oh the nostalgia!

Aren't we cute in our super-flattering marshmallow outfits? (As Sun always says..."you know it's love if the person still thinks you're attractive in the mouse room.")

Wow! I'm such an amazing surgeon!

He even survived! (Yes...people do now refer to me as "the mouse whisperer.")

Ok...enough reminiscing about all the great times I had injecting mouse prostates.

Thankfully I still have a whole lotta summer ahead of me and I plan on making it full of incredible "firsts" as well as "lasts" (possibly things that are even better than mouse surgery, although the mind reels at the thought that there could be something better out there).

So get ready Boston! That's all I have to say...get ready!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

oh my hilarious. "mouse whisperer." dude.

Also, I really like the picture of you with your mouse...the sentient mouse one...not the semi-dead one.