Sunday, May 11, 2008

Lilac Sunday

Ahhh...what a lovely day for a picnic amongst the lilacs. Once a year the arboretum opens up their lawns to picnic-ers and...oh boy...it was gorgeous!We ate a yummy picnic meal and then went walking to take pictures/sniff at the lilacs...
and look at the pretty redbud trees...
and dogwood trees (sigh)...Then we went back, collected our stuff and took a walk through the rest of the arboretum...and found the most beautiful place on earth. Probably even prettier than the fabled White Way of Delight (seriously...the pictures don't even do it justice). When you climb the tree...all you see is blossoms around and above you...oh, and Heidi and Cousin Dave posing. What a glorious day!

p.s. Mom you're the best! I love your guts forever!
p.p.s. HB I hope you will read my blog now that I have pictures posted :-)

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I think that is by far the most flattering picture I've ever seen of me!

Jenn said...

Oh, lovely Kristie, I love your pictures. You look stunning! I'm glad that you're enjoying where you are!