Friday, May 9, 2008

Accident!

The craziest thing happened on my way home from work today. I decided to walk home because it was raining and I love rain in the springtime. (Poor Stella has to spend the weekend at Longwood). So as I was walking along enjoying the lovely flowers and blossoming trees (especially the pink dogwoods...they're my favorite!), thinking how beautiful Brookline is, and how F=-kx in simple harmonic motion...all of a sudden a truck comes speeding down the road, barrels into a little car, and then swerves onto the sidewalk flattening the road sign right in front of me. BAH! Good thing I had slowed down to look at an especially lovely tree or else I'm pretty sure I would be dead right now.

Thankfully no one was hurt, but the poor girl in the car was pretty shaken up (about how much I would have been in her situation I think) and her phone was dead so at least I could help by letting her use my phone to call her family and a tow truck in the midst of all the craziness of the sirens and firefighters prying her hood open. Whew! Crazy day!

http://www.forestwander.com/images/pinkdogwood1.JPG
pretty huh? they remind me of good ol' Virginia...aww

1 comment:

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Uh... YIKES!

I'm really, really, really glad that you're not dead. Like, REALLY. Because you're way too cool to die like that. Or, like, at all.

Also, blossoms are seriously awesome. I'm so glad they saved your life. :)