Saturday, October 4, 2008

Tidbits from the mind of an exhaustified Kristie

  • I have become my own worst nightmare!!!! Although I think that I secretly still hold on to the belief that I am better than most pre-meds, I'm pretty sure that I have become an annoying, neurotic, nitpicking, crazy person. I am now one of them!!! Egads!!!
  • Why hasn't the CVS on the corner opened up the other part of their building yet? It has been over a year now. Is it still "coming soon"? Plus I'm really curious to know how the empty part I see in the window actually connects to the rest of the store. It confuses me.
  • I'm pretty sure I'm going to withdraw my application from Northwestern because some of their application procedures are downright ridiculous. I'm waiting to hear back from them still, but I'm definitely warming to the idea of saving myself $85 by not turning in their secondary.
  • This whole getting accepted thing is totally random and I'm pretty sure that I have finally entirely, undeniably, completely realized that I have no control over where I am going to get into school. I mean, I'll do my best on interviews and everything, but I'm pretty sure that the outcome of this insane process will be a nonsensical surprise.
  • I love the smell of cinnamon and spices in the fall. I'm smelling it now because I just spent way more money than I should have on yummy candles but it's totally worth it because it's therapeutic for me and I need therapeutic right now.
  • I may have a black thumb of death when it comes to plants. This fact breaks my heart into a million tiny pieces but I'm afraid it's true. I've been in denial for a really long time because I love green things and wish I could keep them alive. Maybe I need to take a class or something and put more effort into self-improvement before completely giving up and going plastic. The fact that I'm admitting there's a problem is a big step forward though.
  • My living room is orange.
  • I got so excited/relieved at work today because I found out that Invitrogen is going to save me months of tedious work isolating RNA, making cDNA, and cloning it because they sell ready-made vectors for each of the proteins I need DNA for! Seriously, this is the best news I've gotten/discovered in a really long time.
yum...cinnamon

2 comments:

Staci said...

Hi exhausted Kristie, I remember you. How I miss exhausted, but even more how I just miss you! Remember last year at this time how I came out for the first time to visit. That was fun!
Your Awesome, get some sleep and relax!

kia said...

Thanks Stace! I DO remember last year, especially with the Sox in the playoffs it has been bringing back fond memories of that FREEZING evening we spent at Fenway cheering them on. Congrats again on the engagement! I'm so happy for you!