Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hitting and Being Hit

So today one of my worst fears as a biker in Boston was realized. I was pulling up to a stop light and all of a sudden the front door of a van pops open right in front of me, slamming full-force into my right arm. I suppose I should be grateful because it could have been a lot worse. I was slowing down for the light anyway, and wasn't entirely knocked off my bike, but regardless it still hurt really, REALLY badly. Seriously.

And sorry, but I'm going to continue my whine fest because to top it all off, I had to get my blood drawn today too. And of course my injured arm is the only one with veins near the surface. Despite that though, it still took two people digging around in my arm with needles for about five minutes before they could even hit one...

Bring on the bruises!

This must just be payback for me running into that pedestrian a few months ago (don't worry, I was on my bike, and in my defense, she stepped out right in front of me without looking to see if anyone was coming). Congratulations universe.

3 comments:

Lizardbreath McGee said...

OW!

In all seriousness, are you okay?

Victoria Blanchard said...

Scary! I'm glad it was "just" your arm. Sad day!

I know it's only a matter of time before Ry and I get hit on our bikes. I hope it's not anytime soon though!

Joanna said...

I'm sending you "feel better" vibes.